Those of you who have been reading for a while know of my love of all things naughty. I'm not talking anything that isn't suitable for family reading, you understand.
I admit that I sometimes might send the children into the garden and hide in the corner of the kitchen with the ice cream.
Sometimes I'll have an extra home made brownie. I admit that, too.
And when I last had an appointment to see the consultant at the hospital I stopped off at the shop on the way out and bought a bar of chocolate which I gobbled on the way home. I admit that too.
So when a nice man offered to send me some Rowntree's Sharing Bags I thought "Yes please!" followed by a less enthusiastic, "I don't really have to share them, do I?".
It turned out I did.
Sharing these was ok. I liked the juicy jelliness. The bag could be bigger. Either Rowntree's could work on that or I could work on greed. I'll leave it to Rowntree's.
These were fun and lovely and I had great enjoyment trying to nibble apart the faces. How old am I? Yes, I know. I ought to be ashamed. Funny that I'm not, though.
The Very Berry Jellies were extremely more-ish. I have to say right now how struck I was by the tastes of all the sweets, and with their vibrant colours. I'm very impressed that none of the colours, flavours or preservatives are artificial at all. Almost makes me feel like I haven't given up on healthy eating after all.
But my absolute favourites were the Sour Faces and it was not, as dh suggested, because we had something in common.
I loved these so much! Really loved them! I like to think it's because they contained 50% fruit juice (would it count as one of my five a day?) but I think it was down to the gurning faces Mike and I pulled as we ate our way through the bag. The kids didn't get these. They were mine, all mine! (And Mike's).
So in short I would say that Rowntree's have got the flavours, the colours and the features right. The only thing they got wrong were the name of the bags.
They are definitely NOT for sharing.
Full disclosure: I received the sweets free of charge for the purpose of this review.
Subscribe to Larger Family Life and get the latest news directly in your inbox or reader. You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter too!








0 comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment before you go!