> Larger Family Life - A Large Family Blog: Lego is a mum's best friend - Review

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Lego is a mum's best friend - Review


I was asked if I had any boys who might like Lego.

Like that was a hard question to answer, I don't think.

So when Lego sent over a box each from their new Alien Conquest collection the boys couldn't wait to get started.





Eddie set up his workstation at the kitchen table and looked over the plans for the Tripod Invader...




Harry and Sid broke away into the playroom and started work on the UFO Abduction set...


#

They worked for the best part of the morning...




... and well into the afternoon...




... diligently making progress...



... until the task was done...



They loved it.  In fact, they loved it so much they took everything apart again as soon as they'd shown their handywork off to dad when he came home from work, and started all over again.

Eddie has done that for four days in a row now.  

So while they wanted to say "thank you" to Lego and wanted to tell them that they think Alien Conquest is "brilliant!" and "cool!"  I would like to add a thank you of my own for the otherwise unusual peace and quiet that has descended on this house for the last few days.  It is very, very much appreciated!

We were sent the Lego Tripod Invader (srp. £18.99) and the Lego UFO Abduction (srp. £25.99) free of charge for the purpose of this review.




 
Subscribe to Larger Family Life and get the latest news directly in your inbox or reader.  You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter too!


Follow largerfamily on Twitter






Larger Family Life is also available on Kindle!

2 comments:

  1. My 7 year old just bought a Lego with his saved up money this past week. It took him a day to build it and he's been playing with it for the past few days. Aren't Legos a wonderful thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lego most certainly is! In fact, I remember when I was about five or six, our family tradition was that we would have a family get together on Christmas Eve and open our gifts in the evening. I opened my gift from my parents and it was Lego! It was a cottage complete with flowers and a chimney and everything. It looked great! Then I got sent to bed and when I woke in the morning it was already put together. My mum had spent the best part of the night before once all the guests had gone building it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment before you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...