> Larger Family Life - A Large Family Blog: My virtual baby shower - you're invited and bring something tacky (no purchase required)

Friday, 19 August 2011

My virtual baby shower - you're invited and bring something tacky (no purchase required)


Here in England, baby showers don't seem to be that common.  I have never had one and I have never been to one.  I do know of some people who have been to one, but this seems to be an exception rather than the norm.

In actual fact, I am not sure what actually happens at a baby shower.  I understand it to be a kind of welcoming party for an impending arrival with food, games and gifts.  Is that about right?

As I'm not planning on a baby shower this time either, I thought I'd have a virtual one right here, right now.  Your task is to find me a gift online.  It's just a bit of fun so I'm not expecting you to send me gifts, just a link in the comments to something you think is nice, cute or just plain tacky.  I love seeing what strange things are out there so the stranger, the better.  You know, like the celebrities would do.

Here is the deal.  Whoever finds the tackiest baby shower gift will win a copy of our book as soon as it's released.  I'll send it to the winner wherever they live in the world.  How is that for a deal?

Also, don't forget to enter the giveaway to win one of two copies of "Love Another Child" by Chris and Wendy Jeub. 



 
Subscribe to Larger Family Life and get the latest news directly in your inbox or reader.  You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter too!

Follow largerfamily on Twitter



Larger Family Life is also available on !

6 comments:

  1. I have been to a few baby showers and when I was pregnant with my first 2, my work threw me a little baby shower/party.

    If I were to come to your Baby Shower, I would come armed with a little gift bag containing a few small items. My "tacky" gifts would include:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000G7WU3W/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/278-4141823-4723706 - obviously one each for the twins

    http://www.babye.co.uk/shopp659070761

    And not forgetting the all important gift for mum: http://www.just4twins.com/love-twins-baseball-p-69.html

    Hope you like your gifts!!! :)

    Rachel (aka @sahmblogger/@rachelgully on Twitter) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea!! Although I don't have time right now to find a gift, I'll try to get you one later ;D We do do baby showers in the U.S., and I love the tradition....if I lived there I would throw you a real one full of fun games and yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.381636115
    http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Bob-Front-Teeth-Pacifier/dp/B000AKB4IM
    http://www.babytoupee.com/products_thedonald.htm
    oh my goodness I had so much fun looking for these. it is like when someone does not want you to know they are giving you a opened pack of diapers and tapes them shut or a piece of stained clothing and say it is new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My serious present would be an amber teething necklace! I've just gotten onto these myself.

    My tacky gift? An evil genius T. They have lots for large families and natural parenting, it's awesome. I don't think there's any other website that caters to this group. Heres some favourites (yes, it's a long list of favourites, but they're so awesome)
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.492308465
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.189698187
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.131946068
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.269560896
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.62748837
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.90555807
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.238759897
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.100057917
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.134286719
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.163762435
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.101239412
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.101239942
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore/4196273
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.238760256
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.262959166
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.59227722
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.81904843
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.390759304
    http://www.cafepress.com/evilgeniusstore.64735038

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found these and decided that the twins need a pair each.'
    http://stores.wildchildpdx.com/-strse-3417/Cool-Baby-Pants-cln--Sacred/Detail.bok

    In fact I think any serious mother needs to visit this store

    Glad this party is virtual cause then there is no real cake to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. having just looked further then you need the following as well

    http://stores.wildchildpdx.com/-strse-2152/Baby-Bib-cln--Skulls-%26/Detail.bok
    http://stores.wildchildpdx.com/-strse-2487/Punky-Pacifiers-cln--Skull-%26/Detail.bok

    and the last thing I would bring is specially for you...
    http://stores.wildchildpdx.com/-strse-3458/Cool-Floating-Baby-Twins/Detail.bok

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment before you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...