> Larger Family Life - A Large Family Blog: Win! "Love Another Child" - A review and giveaway

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Win! "Love Another Child" - A review and giveaway


Before you ask, it is not a child that I am giving away but a book.  Well, two books actually.

Too often we hear of the reasons why we shouldn't have children.  There is great discouragement and the reasons are many and varied.  Anything goes, from children being too expensive to being too demanding.  Or that the world doesn't need them.  Or that they'll ruin your figure.  Or that your house isn't big enough, you'll need a new car and  you won't be able to take off on holiday like you can now.

Once a couple has their perfect family of two children, preferably one of each of course, everyone asks if they are done and then the reasons not to have any more are reeled off.  This is how society works now.  This is "normal".

So what happens is that couple who may have been considering another child now think it would be greedy, selfish or downright irresponsible to actually go ahead and do it.  After all, people don't have big families any more - they don't need to, right?!

What if having children was encouraged?  What if somebody has sat down and told you that, actually, it is not only fine to want more children and to have more children but that it is also a good thing.  It kind of undoes what we've been led to believe.

This is exactly what Chris and Wendy Jeub have done in their book, "Love Another Child".  They have taken society's view of children being a hindrance and a disruption to an otherwise perfect life and have blown the reasoning apart, piece by piece.  They explain how children are a blessing, a gift and are precious and how, if you feel led, you too can accept them and offer encouragement and practical advice in a friendly manner.

Contrary to what some may think, couples such as Chris and Wendy and even ourselves do not believe that children are a right that everybody has.  Yes, we encourage you to have them if you want them and can love them but, as Chris and Wendy point out very eloquently, if you have no love in your home or marriage and you cannot love a child.  It's not a matter of simply having another child.  It's all about loving another child.

I can't rate this book highly enough.  I really loved it and found myself nodding along in agreement to so much of it.  If you haven't read it yet, I recommend you do.  If anything it will give you plenty of food for thought.

In addition to "Love Another Child", Chris and Wendy have written several books over the last few years including "Love in the House", "Love in a Diet" and two "Love in the Kitchen" cook books which are jam-packed with recipes and tips for filling yet frugal food.

You can purchase Chris and Wendy Jeub's books through Monument Publishing  or alternatively Amazon sell them too (both dot com and dot uk).  You can also visit them at the Jeub Family website.

However, lucky me has two copies of "Love Another Child" to give away to you thanks to Chris and Wendy (thank you!).  It's open to everyone worldwide and all you have to do is leave a comment saying you want to be entered to win and leave your email address for me to contact you on.

Oh and do feel free to spread the word through Twitter, Facebook or anywhere else you think anyone might be interested linking back to this post.  If you do, leave another comment below with a link to your Tweet or status or blog post for an extra entry.  You can also gain extra entries by becoming a Twitter follower or a Facebook friend.  Leave a comment for each thing you do.  Each one counts as one entry.

I'll be closing the giveaway at 6am GMT next Friday, 26th August and will announce the winners that day.

Good luck!

Edit:  A few people are saying they are having trouble leaving comments.  If you can't leave a comment (I think a lot of problems are in IE) then try a different browser.  If you still can't leave a comment email me your comment to enter or your extra entry methods to family@largerfamilylife.com and I'll put them on manually.  Don't forget to leave me your name and email address in your comment. 


The giveaway is now closed.  Winners will be announced shortly. 

 
Subscribe to Larger Family Life and get the latest news directly in your inbox or reader.  You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter too!













Follow largerfamily on Twitter







































Larger Family Life is also available on Kindle!

46 comments:

  1. Would Love to win this contest its on my reading list. :) raisingbushs at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to read that when I read about it on their blog! I wish I could buy a few copies and spread the message around. Please save me an entry.
    babyholic at hotmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book! I totally agree with The 3rd paragraph & were told to stop after our first 2 children by various people. We went on to have 3 more pregnancies but only 1 child and unfortunately for medical reasons we now can't have anymore :(

    I'd love to be entered to win a copy of the book. Email is: rachelgully(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be entered into the competition, pregnant with baby no 7. I have 5 between 14 and 1 and a little one in heaven. Love the elation of finding out we are pregnant such a shame its followed by dread of having to tell our families:-( email is samanthachohan(at)btinternet(dot)com !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a follower on Twitter (@SAHMblogger) & have tweeted the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a Facebook friend :) (Rachel Gully)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to be entered!! We are planning our fourth baby now. As I have PCOS it will be a little difficult, but worth it!
    mustang-sally-278(at)hotmail dot com
    Sal. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a facebook friend :) (Bonnie Chech)

    ReplyDelete
  9. would love to have this book...the jeub family is one of my role model families!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i follow you on twitter! gentiled
    gentiledorleans@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like you on fb too!
    Gen D'Orleans
    gentiledorleans@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an entry for Sarah:

    "I'm a loser with IE. My husband has something against firefox. Anyway....

    Can you enter me to win the Jeub book? Thank you!

    Sarah
    ordinary.days@hotmail.com
    www.ordinarysarah.com "

    ReplyDelete
  13. Children are truly a blessing. It is so rare, it seems, for parents nowadays to see that. It is not a 'sacrifice' to put your children's needs first, it is the way it is supposed to be. We are expecting baby #4 (surprise gender :)), and very few reactions were positive. We may not have all the 'finer things' in life, but we certainly have more than enough love to go around. After all, what do we really remember about our own childhoods? Expensive sneakers, video games, what kind of car Mom and Dad drove? Not really..... ((okay, now I'm off my soapbox, lol))

    ReplyDelete
  14. ^hulbert98@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please enter me in the drawing. vze20nfs@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Mama!

    I'm your newest follower, stumbled across your blog thanks to "too much time on my hands"!!!

    Love your Blog and can't wait to play catch up, would love for you to pop by Little Miss Mama {http://www.little-miss-mama.blogspot.com}

    XO
    Tairalyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great giveaway!
    I would love to love another child, we are waiting for God to sent us another blessing!
    We are open to life! We have 6 here and one in heaven
    (Christian Alexander lost to miscarriage)
    I would love to read the Jeubs book!

    Peace and Joy,
    Georgiann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have six... that's all. I was diagnosed with cancer while preggers with the last. I detest the question "Did you figure out what causes that?"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oops. I read your blog through Bloglovin' I never realized you were in England. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an entry for Marsha:

    "*I tried to comment but it wouldn't let me.*
    **
    *So here is my entry:*
    **
    *Oh! I would love to win this book!*

    *Marsha Sawyer
    luv2garden93@gmail.com
    *"

    ReplyDelete
  21. I only have 2 kids but so nice like you said to come across a book that talks people through having more than 2. People should have as many as they want not how many others think they should have. kbreadmore(at)ihug dot co dot nz

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to read this book as it's on my reading list. I've read all of their other books and have been so blessed by the Jeub's wisdom. Please enter me in the drawing. gaylene77@juno.com.

    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds like something i need to read! abba12_the_first(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Giveaway :)I do get told by a few people to stop at 2 but i can't see that happening!
    victoria2322@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a facebook follower @VictoriaJayne23

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am now a twitter follower @VictoriaJayne23

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have posted on my page a link :)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Being-Mummy-To-Two/200549403327125
    @VictoriaJayne23

    ReplyDelete
  28. I only have four of my own but foster too. I plan to adopt in a few years as well. I always wanted a big family and would love more but health issues stopped me. I would love to win a copy of this book though as I admire people who see childre
    As blessings. I'm on twitter as @livvyssmile or my email is meredithtribeatblueyonderdotcodotuk

    ReplyDelete
  29. would love to win..

    contact email: jennakeller126@yahoo.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have shared this comp on my FB wall - here is a link to my profile showing it

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/profile.php?id=632438868

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is an entry for Jemma:

    "Hello

    My name is Jemma Parris and my email address is jemma_parris@hotmail.co.uk

    I would love to be entered to win the book ‘Love Another Child’ by Chris and Wendy Jeub.
    Having recently discovered I am pregnant with our 5th baby (which was planned and we are very much excited about) I am preparing myself for all of the negative comments and explaining which I will be doing to people who think they have a right to criticise!!
    Therefore, any additional back-up would be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks, Jemma xx"

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi - hubby and I would love this book. We feel that God is probably chasing us to hand over to Him and let him give us a big family, but honestly I'm scared - it is so against what even Christians teach. I know we will be highly criticized and probably have hurtful comments from family. Desperately trying to figure out what God wants us to do. e-mail = whatapairofshorts at gmail dot com Tamsyn

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to win this!! I have other books by the Jeub's and love them. I have been wanting to get this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Jeub family and ALL their previous books!!!!! Would LOVE to win a copy of "Love another Child!" Please enter me.... gingras3@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have been wanting to read this book forever! Thank you for the chance to win!

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love to win a copy for my daughter. summerbreeze1959@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Here is an entry for Jessica:

    "I tried to comment, it wouldn't work!

    So here is my entry, I would LOVE to read this book!!!!!

    Jessica Dostie jkdostie@gmail.com

    Thanks!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  38. Here is an entry for Vicki:

    "Please can you enter me to win the book Love another Child. My name is
    Vicki Goldby and my email address is vicki@goldby.net. "

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh I would love to win this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Opps forgot to put my email its mel.walker82@gmail.com
    I also like you on FB :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment before you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...