> Larger Family Life - A Large Family Blog: Mum's way, Dad's Way

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Mum's way, Dad's Way

Our children have two parents. One is the fun parent. One is not.

Mum makes sure homework is done. Dad plays wrestling with the boys.

Mum doesn't like parks. Dad takes kids to park for aaaaages.

Mum says no. Dad says yes, then claims not to have heard mum say no when mum expresses her... erm... unhappiness. Yes, that's the word. "Unhappiness".

Mum says no throwing balls inside the house. Dad plays catch in the living room when he thinks mum can't see.

Mum nags and moans and scolds and yells and goes on and on and on about what the children should or shouldn't be doing. Dad will occasionally mumble something.

But then one day Dad does this...






Yep, that's telling them! No doubt about it. Stick a piece of paper with some do's and don'ts up in the bathroom and that'll do it.


Let me have a go...





... hold on there's another couple yet...


... I'm not done yet...




And I hadn't even begun! At this rate we'll be redecorating with a coloured patchwork of paper squares.

It's far quicker to say what I want, whether they think I'm nagging or not. I prefer to call it "reiterating previous requests".

I think Dad can stick to his way and I'll stick to mine!



3 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL!!! Tooo funny! Maybe you should stick a "check with Mom before answering yes to any child" note on his forehead. VERY cute attempt on his part though--funny that the lid on the toothpaste is a higher priority than AIM LOL

    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate those undermining daddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No the note needs to be on the fridge, the tv or the computer. Dad's can't see their own foreheads.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment before you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...